Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 163


Happy Halloween {be-lated} and with that being said, I guess I can start saying Happy Holidays! Over the weekend, Dad and Karen hosted yet another successful pumpkin carving party, fit with delicious chili, {so I heard, because I don't like chili} spinach dip, the new favorite mummified weenies, red velvet cake pops and snacks to feed an army.

We kicked off our day at the pumpkin patch with little Layler's, where we picked out our pumpkins and took some annual pictures. Layla posed a few times before running like a maniac through the pumpkin aisles, and I managed to get a cute smile out of her since all she does is give crazy faces. As Layla and Chris were horsing around the patch, Kim and I had some serious business finding the perfect pumpkin... I was destined to win this year. Every year, I show up, participate with the most amazing design ever AND lose! I just don't understand. Do these other participates not like my designs?

For the past 4 years, I've tried different techniques and this year was quite a year. I used my first dremel drill and got my hair caught in it. Chris saved the day and got it untangled. I also tried scraping the pumpkin to get a 'glow' and realized it wasn't deep enough. The winning pumpkin was from the Gerardo's... they carved the quintessential haunted house with the bats flying in the sky. It was pretty good! Kim came in second with the Evil Queen and Staci came in third with INAPPROPRIATE. No, I will not post it! I should have asked if I received any votes. Here's my pumpkins from the past 4 years, and have to say my favorite is "Allan".

2010: Dia de los Muertos
2009: "ALLAN" {this is my dad smoking his cigarette, AND I should have won this }


2008: Cheese and Mice {mine was #6) and was very MARTHA STEWART of me

2007: Self Portrait {can you see my flower in the hair? No this was not a winner}

Layla showed up that night as Cinderelly for the pumpkin carving contest. She was so stinkin' cute!

On actual Halloween, Chris and I took Layla trick-or-treating! We really hadn't gone since we were kids and had a great time with little Layler's. We went to a few houses by Dad's and then went around the neighborhood where Layla lives. She was so concerned over the monsters {one showed up at the house in costume} and she told her story to every house we went to! At one point, "the monster" had been on the same property as us but Uncle Chris made sure she didn't see him. He saved the day! After all was said and done, Layla ended her night with a full bucket of candy and a sugar high. Glad I get to leave that house at anytime I want!

Chris and I had a fantastic, non-stressful Halloween with our family and look forward to the many traditions in the years to come. So bring on the Holidays, we're ready for you, especially you THANKSGIVING! We're looking forward to seeing some family members we haven't seen in a long time {if in fact, at all}.

xxoo,
Mrs. Waycott

No comments:

Post a Comment