Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 190


What a crazy couple weeks in the "new" Waycott household! Chris and I have been busy getting ready for the holidays and trying to orchestrate all of our destinations for the upcoming events. We embarked on our 9 year anniversary of dating; however I was told that those anniversaries do not count anymore. That's just nonsense!

As many of you should know, my sister is expecting another baby this December... the first boy on the Goldstein/Gold side! We celebrated his upcoming birth with a scrapbook baby shower at a local shop in Valencia. We had a wonderful time and Chris and I are extremely excited to be Auntie Jen and Uncle Chris again. We're looking forward to Lil' Frazi's arrival in late December; however I'm convinced he's coming sooner than Staci and Frazier think!

We've broken another milestone! We've been married for a little over 6 months. It's hard to believe that a little over 6 months ago we were hauling over wedding stuff from our tiny apartment to our parents house to get ready for the big day. Nothing was really done in celebration of the 6 month mark; I ended up with a nasty stomach flu that put me in bed for 24 hours. What should have been a nice steak dinner was a cup of lipton soup. {YUM}

We celebrated our first "married" Thanksgiving, and nothing really was different, other than we had a few extra family members at this year's festivities. It was great to finally meet a few of the Waycott's and reconnect with those I see so regularly. Of course the ritual of HATE YOUR NEIGHBOR {also known as GET NANCY} was played. I came in last place; yes last! I always come in last... I always think it's who I'm sitting next to, but now I'm beginning to think I should play GO FISH instead. So I have a few weeks before the next game, I may brush up on my skills. For Thanksgiving dinner, Chris and I made homemade Butternut Squash Soup. It was delicious and a BIG chore to make. The recipe is quite easy, it's getting to the melon of the squash which was the hard part. We brought over a huge stock pot of soup and it was about finished by the time we cleaned up. We may have to experiment with some more with additional soups in the future.

There wasn't really any big shopping this year on BLACK FRIDAY; thanks goodness too! It was so frigid to stand in line. We heard there were some awesome deals on televisions and kitchen appliances, but luckily we had been fortunate enough to get most of those items from our wedding gifts. THANK YOU!

Last night we attended our 10 year high school reunion which was a blast from the past. I never thought 10 years would have come that quickly, and that I would have attended; nonetheless, Chris. Last minute, we got ready and headed over to the event. It was so great to see some old high school friends and of course the ones I see on regular basis! I was happy to see that everyone was a little more 'grown up' and eager to reconnect with everybody! After all was said and done, I was extremely happy that we attended and look forward to the next one... maybe 15 years but definitely 20 years! I feel a little like my parents, they are always getting together with their classmates from '75!

Lastly, my favorite part of the holidays is decorating and I FINALLY got to do it yesterday! I look forward to it in October when the department stores are hauling out their trees and placing those extra lights around the stores. I ask every day from November 1st through Thanksgiving Day when I can bring out our Christmas tree, and every time Chris says AFTER Thanksgiving! Luckily, Chris and I have everything so organized so it really only takes about 2 hours from set up to tree topper. We always throw on the holiday music and light a gingerbread candle just to get into the spirit of things here. I love the smell of the holidays! This year we documented our set up process for you to enjoy.



Chris and I are so very blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives. You have touched us in so many different ways and have left an impression of memories for a lifetime. We wish you all a very joyous holiday season filled with love, laughter and of course sweet treats. Nothing screams more like the holidays than sweet treats! You know this household will be filled with them. So here's to another 4 weeks of 2010; we'll be sure to make each day count! We love you all!

xxoo,
Mrs. Waycott

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute!
    ...and thank you for the all the amazing work and effort you put into the shower...lil Frazi will appreciate it! We're excited to share in a great 2011 with you and sorry if shotguns/riffles and bumpy of road rides didnt get him out, he's probably gonna make me wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this update! Happy 6 months of marriage to you both. And how did you do that documentation of your tree set up??? I LOVED that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Lacey, it's an animated .gif file.. there's a few ways to do it, I did it with photoshop/image ready! It was so fun making this little montage! See you in just a month! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize the first time I saw the blog that the images flipped through! So cute! Love it spelling out Chris and Jen!

    ReplyDelete