Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 173

9 years ago TODAY, Chris 'asked' me to be his girlfriend... little did he know that he would be stuck spending the rest of his life with me. Here's the story in case you hadn't heard...

It was a rainy Sunday in November. I worked at a local day care facility inside the gym taking care of babies and kids while "mom and dad" worked out. This day was like every other. I would get to work, play with the kids, talk with the other employee's and get spit up on. It was pretty chill and every-so-often Chris would come by and say 'hey'. This particular Sunday we made plans to attend a show {concert to those of you who think it's going to the movies} at The Troub to see THE ANNIVERSARY. Chris popped in towards the end of my shift wearing a baby blue jacket that he had recently purchased at Skidazzle. When he came into my work, he was soaking wet... but hesitant to remove his jacket. My co-worker had noticed something handwritten on his tee shirt and asked Chris to remove his jacket to read it. As Chris took off his jacket, it was clearly written on a baby blue tee shirt "Jen will you be my girlfriend"... it was one of the most romantic things that had ever happened to me. OF course I said YES; after all, we're married today!

We headed down to The Troub to see one of our most favorite bands, THE ANNIVERSARY... and that's the story.

I am so grateful to have you in my life today and so happy you 'asked' me to be your girlfriend. Did you realize that only 7 1/2 years later you would ask me to be your wife on a similar tee shirt? I love you Mr. Waycott. Happy 9 years being together and for MANY more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment