Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 37

About a week and a half ago, Chris' mom celebrated her birthday over her Alaska/Seattle trip...because we weren't there, we decided to have a nice home dinner (belated) over the weekend. Every year, Nancy always told me that her most favorite childhood cake, was a doll cake her mom got her in her early years.... and every year, I think "gosh, I have to make a doll cake for her". So finally, I did! I made her an adorable purple and green doll cake. Chris helped too! We opted to not make it from a kit; instead we created our own 'tools' to form "Nancarella", and have to admit, she was pretty good, too! Nancy was surprised (even though she peeked and pretended that she had never seen it before, thanks Nancy!) and loved it just as much as I did!

So Happy Birthday, Nancy! May this year be filled with tons of love, happiness and sparkle!!
xxoo
the 'other' Mrs. Waycott

No comments:

Post a Comment