Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 29


Just got our EARS as Husband and Wife!

It's hard to believe, that just 4 weeks ago from yesterday, Chris and I got married. We coined the day our "4 weekiversary" because our 1 monthiversary isn't until next week. After a crazy week for both Chris and I, we decided to go to Disneyland "THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH". I don't know what it is, but seriously walking into the park just puts a huge grin on my face. We invited our best friends with us, who hadn't been to Disneyland in over 20 years. I've been trying to persuade them for years to come with us, but we always got the excuses "We're busy" "I don't feel well" "It's market", etc etc. No offense to them, but they were missing out on the Waycott way of doing Disneyland!

Since they agreed, both Chris and I were stoked! We got to the park at 10:15 in the morning and were on our first rides within minutes. One of my favorite buyers at Disneyland surprised Chris and I with Bride/Groom mouse ears and special pins. It was the kindest thing and we had so much fun wearing them. The park smelled like sweet candy. We were shocked at the amount of people who were there and how quick the lines were. It seemed like we just walked onto the rides without standing in any lines. The boys had fun- we let them go on the "BIG KID" rides, while Stacy and I waited.
Waiting in line at The Teacups with the bestie

We ate so much! Stacy was shocked at the amount of food that was there- and I told her you never eat like this until you go to Disneyland. It's hard to say no- to have self control, and she was proof! Thank goodness that we kept park hopping, to burn off the junk!

Teacup overload: enjoying our cup of tea together

By the time we looked at our "watches" {iPhone's}, it was 6:30 (fast pass time for Space Mountain)! We had been in the park for over 8 hours! So we headed from drinking our adult beverages to Space Mountain! It's my favorite ride in the whole park. Even Stacy had a blast on it!
I think I need to warn them when to POSE, I know where the camera is!

We jetted to dinner at DTD {Downtown Disney} and ate at the Jazz Kitchen- listened to the live jazz band, and headed out to go home. We finally got home well after midnight- leaving Disneyland over 12 hours of getting there. We were beat! So until next time, good-bye sweet Disneyland "HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH"! Maybe we'll see you next year: same time, same place for our 1 year 4 weekiversary!
Exhaustion has settled in : Last ride, It's a Small World. AND BOY, isn't it?
xxoo,
Mrs. Waycott

No comments:

Post a Comment